12 Step Book Writing & Self Publishing Checklist | from Samuel Deuth
Writers aren’t just those who are good with words, but those called to give words to a generation!
I love writing in all forms; from social media and blogs to articles and fully published books, each are their own challenge and opportunity. I was blessed to have my first book be a top seller, Following Jesus, has been sold and distributed to near 200,000 people in 3 languages and 8+ countries. I initially self published it and was later picked up by a publisher. I’ve just released and self published my second book, Preaching Forward. I’m now working on my next two books.
I still have a long way to go in the writing and publishing world, but I’ve been getting more requests on my process and how to get started in the book writing and publishing process. This article and checklist is aimed at my self-publishing process, the steps are slightly different when trying to get your book published through a mainstream publisher. Enter your email to download the PDF of my checklist and I also put a few writing tips below.
ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW AND WE’LL EMAIL YOU THE 12 STEP BOOK WRITING AND SELF PUBLISHING CHECKLIST!
QUICK WRITING TIPS
- Write to Engage NOT to impress. (Make your goal impact, change and transformation.)
- Write in your Natural Voice. (No need to pretend to be more or less than you are.)
- Write about What You’re Passionate about. (Your passion is what people need, let that come through your writing)
- Write Well. (I took time to develop and study how to write well when I first began. It’s worth it.)
- Write Truth. (Don’t be flippant with your voice, put it to good use. Your voice goes further on the back of truth.)